Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to Ukraine

Sunday, April 26th I left for Ukraine with a mix of emotions. I was happy that I would get to see Olivia again, but very sad to be leaving all the family at home. This time I was traveling alone, so it was going to be different. Gabrielle was very sad that I was leaving. She wanted Olivia to come home, but not for me to leave her. So, I arrived in Kiev, Monday at 8:30 a.m. Needless to say, I was very tired. I was not able to sleep on the flight and I did not get much sleep before leaving. As soon as my driver took me to the apartment, I crawled in bed and slept for about 5 hours. Later I ventured out to McDonald's which was at the end of my street and had a safe American cheeseburger for dinner. I spent the rest of the evening in the apartment with a television that I could not get any channels to work, so I just read for a while and then decided to go to bed. I had to wake early, Alla and I were taking the 6:40 a.m. train to Vinnitsya. More documents and paperwork to do!! Herbert is going to miss all this fun!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment