Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, May 4, 2009

Today is Monday and we are still waiting for Olivia's passport. Friday and Saturday were national holidays in Ukraine, so most places were closed on Friday and today. I am continuing to spend quality time with Olivia while waiting patiently for the final process!! Herbert will be joining me in Ukraine on Thursday. It will be nice to have him here to have a conversation with someone. I have been staying in the home of a very nice family. However, when they don't speak English and I don't speak Ukrainian, not much conversation. Alisa and her husband have a 5 year old girl, Nastia. Nastia keeps me company, wanting me to play with her. It has been nice just to have activity around me instead of staying in an apartment alone. I have had lots of quality time alone. As a mom I usually treasure some alone time since I don't have it very often. But, being alone in a foreign country is not my first choice of quality time. I would much rather be at my home alone. This has been an experience that has been rewarding. I knew before this experience that I was blessed and I am even more sure of that today!

Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that all is going well and Olivia should be coming home with you soon. Congratulations!

    Susan - The Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    It's been wonderful to experience this through you. Having been on a couple of mission trips through church, you are absolutely correct in saying how blessed we truly are and don't even know it. We miss you and are looking forward to your return home and eventually meeting Olivia. It was really fun shopping for her since I only get to shop for boys. Let us know what else she needs b/c I need an excuse to go look at girly stuff again!

    Miss You,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete